About the Wal-Mart Managed Care Network
Since 1990, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. has been involved
in providing exceptional hardware while contracting
with Independent Doctors of Optometry who provide
top quality Optometric services to our patients,
all at an outstanding value. In 2003, Wal-Mart Optical
Division decided to aggressively enter the managed
care arena by servicing the numerous plans that want
to partner with Wal-Mart Optical and you, our Doctor
Our network is comprised of Wal-Mart Vision Centers,
Wal-Mart Associate Optometrists and Independent Doctors
Why Become a Wal-Mart Managed Care Network Provider
Now that you are familiar with Wal-Mart Optical
and the business opportunities that we can offer,
we are sure that you are excited to begin the enrollment
process in our Managed Care Network. The advantages
of becoming a Wal-Mart Managed Care Network (WMCN)
- Having the support of the largest retailer in
the country including:
- Providing in house insurance support through
the Wal-Mart insurance hotline
- Being the preferred provider for the millions
of members of the WMCN
- Having these patients referred to your practice
for their vision care needs by insurance carriers
As a member of our Managed Care Network you are
able to provide prompt vision care to the members
of insurance plans Wal-Mart is associated with. Here
is some useful information regarding the insurance
plans you will be enrolled in:
1. What are the exam reimbursement rates?
Please contact your District Manager for additional
2. In a two-door state, how can I begin billing
To support our doctor partners in two-door states,
we are recommending the services of VisionWeb. If
some of your concerns about insurance are how to
get eligibility, how to file claims, or how to get
paid on claims then VisionWeb can help! There is
VisionWeb information enclosed within the Managed
3. What if I already have a provider number for
a particular plan?
- You do not have to complete the provider application
again if you already have a Provider Identification
Number (PIN) for the corresponding location.
- Each location where you practice you need to
verify with the insurance carrier if you need a
- You need to contact the insurance carrier for
verification of provider number.
- Then be sure to communicate this information
to the vision center manager so they can communicate
the number to the Home Office.
4. How can I become a provider with the carriers
that the vision center participates in currently?
Please contract your District Manager for assistance.
Davis Vision Provider Application
Affiliated Optometrist of Walmart Insurance Program